Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sleepless in Antibes!

November 2, 2007

Ok, so whoever said that a baby will be sleeping through the night after 3 months must have been smoking some serious crack. I've learned by now to not get excited if he sleeps through one night as the routine will most definitely not continue. And it hasn't. Perhaps the number of major transitions, beds, time zones and climates hasn't helped any, but Andrew has not been a consistent sleeper, daytime or nights. Lately, he is waking up in the night, and ready to play (or cry) for a couple hours. It used to be that I could always just nurse him and within 10 or 15 minutes, he'd be out cold and I'd put him back to sleep. It seems those days are over now too. The good news is that I can call my friends or family back home at 3:00 in the morning my time, and get caught up with everyone. The bad news is that I am rather exhausted and completely brain-dead. In the midst of a conversation with any one of my mom friends, a distraction will cause me to completely forget what I was talking about, and my only consolation is that none of them remember either! I especially like talking to Pam, because I know she can empathize with me better than anyone else out there! (sorry Pam - I do hope that Beckett will eventually like to catch some zzz's throughout the night!) For this reason, I am very glad that I am writing this blog and seriously hope to be able to keep up with it, as I have already learned that I cannot remember the details of Andrew's earlier days. I pulled out the Baby Book the other day and in an attempt to complete the "firsts" section, I sadly discovered that I couldn't remember the specific dates of any of them...the first time he sat up by himself...who knows? The only one I've got licked is his first tooth...as it just came in recently and it is his only one!

No comments: