Friday, June 4, 2010

School Playground
















Now that the weather is warm, we head to the playground at school almost everyday after we pick up Andrew. We ALL love going there. It is the perfect playground for us, as it is gated in so I don't have to worry too much about Andrew going too far, and it has fake grass, so that Ryan can crawl all around without getting hurt, dirty, etc. Andrew is just loaded with energy, even after a long day at school, so he loves to go and play and run around with his friends for a while. Ryan is completely entertained by all the activity, and usually gets loads of attention from all the little girls that love to see the baby. And I love it because it gives me the opportunity to meet many of the school moms, in addition to the perfect opportunity to speak French. We start off with a "gouter", the afternoon snack that every French kid eats (I generally give Andrew some fruit and cookies and Ryan some yogourt and pain grille, I guess sort of like a thick Melba toast), and then the two of them roam around the playground until around 6PM, when we go home, have dinner, bathtime, then we sing lullabies to Ryan (Rock-a-baby, as Andrew calls it, followed by the Mommy song which is a song my mother invented for us and is now a family tradition for all Deacon babies), and then once Ryan is down, Andrew and I read together before lights out for him. It is such a great routine we are in, and I'm so thankful this glorious weather is upon us now.

No comments: