Sunday, August 8, 2010

Ryan's 1st Birthday!












Although my baby has not officially turned one yet, I wanted to have a party for him here in France so that Daddy could celebrate with us as we will be in Canada for his real birthday, and will of course be celebrating once again with all the Canadian clan. I decided to keep it small, largely because we've been very busy, filling each wonderful summer day with loads activities at the beaches, pools, etc. and I had limited time to prepare for a big party. We had lots of snacks and dips and ordered in pizza for dinner. The kids had a wonderful time playing together and Andrew is still talking about the party. He was most helpful beforehand, baking the cake with me, setting up the table, putting up the decorations, and 4 hours before the guests were set to arrive, he told me that he wanted to go outside and check the parking lot to see if the friends had arrived!!! He really enjoyed "helping" Ryan blow out the candle and opening his presents. And I'm quite happy that he is now finally excited about having his own party for his birthday. So this year, will be Andrew's first party with friends invited, and he's already named about 15 friends he wants to include and I will be sure to plan it a few weeks ahead of his actual birth date so as not to interfere with everyone's Christmas engagements.
Ryan was such a happy little guy throughout the party. It's hard to believe that it's already been a whole year since I was sweltering in the August heat, awaiting his arrival. This summer has been hot, but aside from a couple weeks in July, far from the intense heat of last summer where we pretty much had the a/c running nonstop.
Robert and I would both agree that this year has been our best so far, all thanks to the two little guys that now play and laugh together often, and add such immense love and happiness to our lives.



No comments: