Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Andrew time








The above photos display a few of the activities we have been doing in the days leading up to the birth of baby #2. (sorry, could not figure out how to rotate the top photo!) It's funny cuz when I first discovered that Andrew's creche was going to be closed for the first two weeks of August, I was dreading the thought of having to keep a two year old busy in the heat of the summer whilst being 9 months pregnant; however, I have found myself savouring every moment of these final days of having just one "baby". Aside from the occasional burst of bad behaviour on Andrew's part, he has been so sweet and adorable lately. He has loved helping Daddy (now "Papa", the boy is becoming more french than english now!) assemble all of the baby stuff...the bassinet, the swings, the bouncy chair, etc. and is often telling me he wants to hold the baby, hug the baby, share with the baby, read to the baby, sing to the baby, etc. Of course time will tell if he follows through on these statements, but it brings great joy to hear it now. He has also attended my last two doctor's appointments as well as my last two visits to the lab for bloodwork and has been a saint through them all. I recognize that although my love for Andrew will never change, there will indeed be many things that will change as our family expands.


No comments: