Wednesday, August 12, 2009

40 weeks and a day and not really counting...

According to the US pregnancy calendar, I'm officially overdue now. And yet, unlike most people I know at the very last stage of their pregnancies, I'm not feeling overly anxious to get this baby out of me. Perhaps it is because I am so thoroughly enjoying these last few days with JUST Andrew. Perhaps it is because I am so thoroughly enjoying the summer here in the Riviera, and recognize the beach/pool season will end for me once baby comes. Perhaps it is just because I feel physically well still and aside from sleep issues (which certainly won't get any better in the near future!) and therefore not dying to get this pregnancy over with. Or maybe it is because I am well aware of the fact that this may well be my last pregnancy and I am going to miss this wonderful feeling of carrying a precious little baby in my belly, and the special treatment, smiles, good wishes, etc. that are frequently received from friends and strangers alike.

No comments: