Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bus


Several weeks back, Robert and I began discussing his upcoming travel schedule and Robert was seriously concerned to be leaving me for 2+ weeks alone with the kids for the first time. I figured I would perhaps be a little tired, but that I would be just FINE. And now, with only two more sleeps til Daddy comes home, I've proved it. Even despite the couple "hic-cups" I had, first with Andrew getting the flu and being off school for 4 days, then with Ryan spiking a fever, and then with Andrew's school closing entirely because of the swine flu, we actually managed extremely well. In a very short time, Andrew has become a little helper with his brother, and has actually been a total angel these past couple weeks even despite having the flu. This evening, while I was preparing dinner with Andrew's help, Ryan was in the other room on the swing and began crying, rather screaming I should say. I was about to finish what I was doing, wash my hands and go soothe him, when Andrew left, returned with Ryan's soocy, asked me to wash it cuz it was on the floor, took it back to Ryan and all of a sudden, there was peace again! Andrew is really beginning to love entertaining Ryan and often does a dance in front of him to make him smile, and then proudly states "he's laughin' at me mommy!" when Ryan's face breaks into a huge mouth-wide open smile. When I tucked him into bed tonight, Andrew said "where's baby Ryan mommy?". Sooooooooo cute!
There are some days, however, where Andrew can indeed wake up on the wrong side of the bed and push my buttons all day long (and he definitely already knows how!) But those moments are far outweighed by the good ones.
The tough part about this past week has been that BOTH boys have woken up TWICE every night. Ryan is on his expected 3-month growth spurt and feeding often. Andrew has had a fever and has just need some extra comforting, or sometimes "cold water" or sometimes "kleenex for my boogers!". But I have survived just fine. And the truth is...as a fellow blogger recently put it...I would jump in front of a bus for either one of the two angels in the photos above.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I think you pulled off an amazing feat managing the boys on your own for 2 weeks ! And you should be so so proud of yourself ! When JC went to Germany for just 3 days and the kidoos were sick, I had my MIL stay over as I simply couldnt do it on my own esp the co-sleeping bit !
I take my hat off to you !