Friday, July 23, 2010

Pool Time!
















As my group of amazing friends here expands, so has that of my friends who have pools. We have been having a wonderful summer thus far, spending many days at various friends' houses for swims, lunches and playtime, in addition to several trips to the local public pool facility where Andrew is now swimming comfortably in the "deep pool", with me by his side. (unfortunately, one parent and two little ones nearby a pool does not result in many opps to take photos) However, one of the best parts of our summer for sure has been the pool that we have in our own backyard that we bought off of angloinfo for 100 euros. Andrew loves it and asks to go in it the second he gets out of bed in the morning, which of late, has been 5:30am...ugh! Ryan loves to splash around and cool off before a nice long nap. And I love it because I can entertain the kids and I don't have to leave home! I don't have to pack a suitcase of necessities for the boys before leaving home...I can put Ryan down to sleep the second he shows signs of sleepiness. And we can return the favour of playdates and lunches all year long at other people's homes by having friends come to ours for swims and lunches. I actually even enjoy the daily cleaning and maintenance involved with the pool...and have been blessed with some time to myself of late, floating around in my favourite pool chair, reading my book. Ahhh...summer!

No comments: