Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Back from my blog hiatus










With only days to go now before baby comes, I thought I'd give an attempt at a blog update of the previous 4 months!

APRIL ADVENTURES


On March 30th, Andrew and I flew to Miami to join Robert on his 2 week business trip in Florida. Despite our lengthy itinerary (Nice to Frankfurt-2 hour flight, Frankfurt to Dusseldorf-1 hour flight, Dusseldorf to Miami-10 hour flight), Andrew was truly an angel on the trip, was well entertained by the in-flight entertainment system, and the new books, toys and puzzles I brought along with me, and especially enjoyed our hourly trips to the bathroom so Mommy could empty her bladder (Andrew got to hang out with the flight attendants who often gave him special bonbons while he waited for me!). I've officially declared myself to be an expert traveller with a child (and one on the way)! In Miami, we had the good fortune of staying at a beautiful hotel with a room overlooking the intracoastal waterway. Andrew became quite a fan of all the beautiful yachts that passed us by all day long. While Robert was in his conference/meetings, etc., Andrew and I spent hours by the pool, often with the company of Tia and Abuela who came by frequently to visit. Although we didn't get the opportunity to visit all our Florida friends, we had a very relaxing and enjoyable time.

On April 17th, we boarded the NCL Jewel for our fourth transatlantic crossing. It was an incredible vacation, and one that we perhaps savoured even moreso than the previous three, knowing that this would likely be the last big trip for a while! On NCL, the kids camp accepts children from the age of two, so Andrew spent some time every day with his friends at camp and enjoyed it immensely. Robert and I got to enjoy many nice evenings of dinner and showtime, while Andrew was busy at camp...and picking him up every time was always a thrill for me, to see what costume he was in and what theme they had celebrated that evening. One of my faves, was Prince and Princess night (see Prince Andrew above).
















No comments: