Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I hate packing!!!

Since my mother taught me that I don't "hate" anything or anyone, I will say that I extremely dislike packing! As excited as I am about our upcoming trip, I cannot wait til I get everyone's bags all packed. I've never been good at it, whether it be packing a suitcase or even packing the groceries into shopping bags...still not used to the fact that I have to bag my own groceries...anyway, Robert knew this going into our marriage as he often reminds me of the time I called him in Rome at 3AM balling my eyes out (and in a hormonal pregnancy state) on the night before I was heading off to join him in Rome for our wedding/honeymoon trip, freaking out that I didn't have a big enough suitcase!!! Anyway, it's even harder planning for a transatlantic trip, where it is imperative to travel as light as possible, yet having to prepare for both warm and cold weather, not to mention all the essentials your children may possibly need while in the middle of the Atlantic for two weeks. I have already made two piles of stuff to pack, one for each of the boys and since Robert is leaving a couple weeks ahead of us, he will be taking the boys' suitcase with him to minimize the stuff I will need to take, as I will already have quite the load with my own suitcase, my carry-on, Andrew's carry-on, the stroller and two car seats!!! Needless to say, I've been busy with preparations. Robert will be home Thursday but it won't be long before he is off to the States so I have to get everything taken care of in advance. And Ryan's closet seems to be a revolving door of stuff he's outgrown and stuff he can currently wear, in addition to pulling out the new wardrobe of Andrew's summer clothes since he's completely outgrown last summer's stuff.
But I know it will all be worth it in the end...when we are sailing away with Mickey and friends on a wonderful two-week journey. As if the cruise itself isn't a big enough birthday gift for me, we've reserved babysitting hours for dinner each night for Ryan so that I will be able to have real dates with Robert and sometimes Andrew too, without worrying about having to put a crying baby on my boob! I've done a lot of reading up on the ship, the entertainment, etc. and now I know all of the characters that we will meet onboard, including: Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Pluto, Goofy, Lilo, Stitch, Cinderella, Snow White, Captain Hook, Alice, the Beast, Chip and Dale. And here are the shows we will get to see:

All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin
All Aboard: Let the Magic Begin is an approximate 50-minute live show featuring variety acts, musical performances and a cavalcade of Disney Characters. It plays on Embarkation Day aboard the Disney Magic on Deck 4, Forward in the Walt Disney Theatre on 7-night or longer cruises

Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic
Disney Dreams – An Enchanted Classic is an award-winning, 50-minute musical live show celebrating the value of dreams, starring some of your favorite Disney Characters. It plays at approximately 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. aboard the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder on Deck 4, Forward in the Walt Disney Theatre.

The Golden Mickeys
The Golden Mickeys is an approximate 50-minute, musical live show presented as an awards ceremony in which characters from Disney movies are nominated in a series of categories. It plays at approximately 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. aboard the Disney Magic and the Disney Wonder on Deck 4, Forward in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell
Remember the Magic: A Final Farewell is an approximate 50-minute live show that revisits some of your cruise's most memorable moments, starring a host of variety acts, theatre performers and Disney Characters from your cruise. It plays the day before Debarkation aboard the Disney Magic on Deck 4, Forward in the Walt Disney Theatre on 7-night or longer cruises.

Toy Story – The Musical
Toy Story –The Musical is an approximate hour-long, musical live show based on the hit Disney•Pixar film. The light-hearted story of Woody and Buzz Lightyear's friendship plays exclusively at approximately 6:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. on the Disney Wonder in the Walt Disney Theatre, located at Deck 4, Forward.

Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story
Twice Charmed: An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story is an approximate 50-minute, Broadway-style, song-and-dance extravaganza which re-imagines the classic Cinderella story. It plays at approximately 6:15 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. aboard the Disney Magic on Deck 4, Forward in the Walt Disney Theatre.

Yes, indeed, it is worth all of the packing in the world!!!

No comments: