Wednesday, March 17, 2010

One birthday, four birthday cakes!!!




Truthfully, I was not too keen on the prospect of turning 38 (I think it's that clock I am starting to hear tick...and, I am still somewhat hopeful for baby #3 if I can ever convince Robert that it would be a great idea!!!), nevertheless, I have been reminded by many events in the recent past that birthdays are indeed something to be celebrated. I feel seriously blessed for every day that I am here and healthy, that I get to share with my three beautiful boys, and my amaaazing family and circle of friends. I had originally thought about planning a girls dinner night out like Steph's, but with Robert only back for one week, the first weekend of which he was totally recovering from jetlag, I opted against it in preference for some more family down time together.
Birthday celebration #1 was with Gia and Karl...Gia's birthday is one day before me, so she brought over cake for gouter (afternoon snack) with one candle for each of us (we of course let the boys blow the candles and make our wishes!), then we had a play date, then headed off to dinner at McDonald's! A fun day!
Birthday #2 was the family "party", a wonderful dinner that I did not cook or clean up after, and started off ever so sweetly when each of the boys brought the above home-made birthday cards to me in bed.
Birthday #3 was hosted by Steph, my hillarious and extremely thoughtful friend (who also happens to be a gourmet cook), who invited me over for an amaaazing birthday lunch, along with Jackie, whose birthday is one day after mine.
And birthday #4 is to be celebrated, sans children, tomorrow, when Robert and I will have a lunch date together while Andrew is in school and Ryan at creche...CANNOT wait!!!



No comments: