Friday, October 29, 2010

My godsend


This pic was taken exactly 24 hours after the cleaning lady came.
Admittedly, before I had children, I remember wondering why my friends who were stay-at-home moms had cleaning ladies. Seemed like such an unnecessary expense, when they were home all day long and had NO job. HA! Of course now...I get it. Sometimes I feel way more like a maid than a mom. Even now that Andrew is "capable" of tidying up after himself, keeping the house clean is like fighting a losing battle. Unlike most North American homes, there is no "playroom"; therefore the living room/family room IS the toy room. And even on the rare occasion when all the toys are put away, there is an endless stream of crumbs on the floor, toothpaste on the bathroom counter, pee on the toilet seat, bed sheets, pillows, blankets and doudous all over the floor, kitchen pantry contents dispersed throughout the house, books pulled off of the shelves, fingerprints all over the windows, clothes everywhere. But one day, every two weeks, the house is spotless, thanks to Ana, my godsend!

No comments: