Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Andrew's first field trip

I think Andrew had one of the best days of his life thus far, on his class field trip to Marineland. His interest (obsession) in animals continues, particularly those at Marineland...sharks, killer whales, polar bears, turtles, seals, dolphins, little fishies. I got a full account of his entire day with such enthusiasm, it made my heart melt and I'm so excited to go with him myself, and since I plan to get the annual pass, we will go often in the months to come. Usually, I get very little info about his days at school, not much more than "yes" when asked if he had a good day and "nobody" when asked who he played with and "nothing" when asked what he ate for lunch. Yesterday, he told me that he ate salad and bread and chips and water for lunch. And he even told me that Juliette (little girl in his class) pushed him and said, "c'est ma place" at the killer whale show and Katia (teacher) "screamed" at her because she was being naughty! And he sat beside Jung Bin (little boy in his class) on the bus. And Alain (little boy in his class) was really funny and was laughing with him. And even more adorable to me was that most of what he told me about his day, he told me in French.

No comments: