Monday, May 31, 2010

Chillin' at home


We've been on the go A LOT lately...birthday parties, barbeques, beach picnics, girls night out, and our most recent fabulous weekend for me and the boys at Marineland and Petite Ferme, for which we are already getting our money's worth out of our annual passes. Unfortunately, I've neglected to bring my camera along so I have no photos of our recent activities. Actually, I have remembered it on a few occasions and neglected to take it out of the bag. The truth is, it is getting harder to take photos of the boys, with both of them on the go now, and can get quite frustrating attempting 15 shots of the same pic before capturing a good one! But worth it in the end, I know, so I must remain persistent!
Anyway, of all the things we do, one of our favourites is just plain staying at home. Especially for Robert who travels so much and eats out all the time. The previous weekend, we did just that, and enjoyed it immensely. We ate our breakfasts in the backyard, remained in our pyjamas for a good portion of the day, and we take full advantage of the relatively large garden we are paying somewhat dearly for! Robert and Andrew set up the tent, which is Andrew's castle, and Andrew is "the beast" and I am "Belle" because "I am beautiful!" and Robert is Gaston, cuz he's "a little crazy!" and Ryan is "Chip" cuz he's just little! Often times, "no girls" in the castle, but he makes an exception from time to time to allow me to enter! And he continues to remind me that Maya is allowed in his castle cuz she's funny. I will be picking up a pool on Wednesday, 4.57 metres in diameter by 1.07m high, and cannot wait to set it up. It's not huge, but should be big enough to get wet and cool down with the boys. I have ordered a killer whale inflatable for Andrew (his present for giving up his soocies - will blog on that later) and will be ordering an inflatable lounge chair for me. When Robert returns, I plan to take him up on his summer cocktail plans and will be sipping pina coladas poolside! Summer is upon us and we plan to enjoy a good part of it at home this year.

No comments: