Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Top Fit

I have started going to the gym on a regular basis again. The gym is called Top Fit and is about 5 minutes from home. Sometimes I run on the treadmill, which I'm really not all that keen on, but it's the only way I can run during the week since I can leave the boys at the daycare there. Sometimes, I do an aerobics class. I am absolutely loving these. First off, the instructors are the most enthusiastic ones I've ever experienced in a gym. Second, they are fantastic workouts and I feel amazing when I leave, and have more energy for the remainder of the day. Third, I love the music, which is generally current hits, and hence the only way I have a clue of what's current in music these days since the only other music I listen to is Old McDonald Had a Farm, etc. or Riviera Radio, the only english radio in the area, and plays mainly 80's hits (which I love too). But the funniest part for me is the way the instructors, sing along to the English music and use English with a french accent in guiding the class. There's a bodystep class I love, and we always start off with the "basic" step. Except they don't say "basic", they say, "bazeek". It's like that, all the way through the class. I crack right up. When they sing along to the songs, I get the impression they have no idea what the words actually mean. I wonder if the French feel the same way when I speak to them, and secretly laugh at my accent. The answer is probably a big YES!

No comments: