Sunday, November 9, 2008

The cutest little pumpkin in the whole wide world...

The 31st of October marked our second Halloween in France and the first one that we truly celebrated. All of the children dressed up for the Friday baby group (and one mommy, me of course - anyone at Life Care reading this is probably laughing at this cow costume and the fact that I STILL have it!!!...it was a BIG hit though!!!), we brought in some Halloween goodies, and that evening, I even got Robert in the spirit by ending the day with a little family pumpkin carving. Andrew was rather afraid of the "guts" inside the pumpkin and wouldn't put his hands anywhere near it, but was delighted with the final product, that we lit up and named Jack, until he smothered to his death about 48 hours later! I still miss the whole trick-or-treating custom, but I've been told that it can be found in certain villages, which I will remember for perhaps next year, when Andrew is a little bit older.

No comments: