Sunday, November 9, 2008

Working mother...

The month of October was a wonderfully quiet and uneventful month. We had all adjusted to being back in France after the summer. Robert's travel schedule had tamed considerably after a frantic travel month in September. We had no expectant visitors. (though we did enjoy our unexpected visitor's visit, when Deborah came to stay for two nights) Our weekends were spent roaming through new and unfamiliar villages in the region (St. Paul-de-Vence, Cagnes-Sur-Mer) stopping in the quaint little restaurants for wonderful lunches, and leisurely walks along the beach and into the local market. Andrew successfully completed his "adaptation" at the "creche" (daycare) and began two mornings per week. (and has since graduated to one full day and one half day and absolutely loves it).
I found myself thinking about work. An ad for a part-time accounting job at a local yachting agency REALLY caught my eye. And then in came an email from Bill with a couple of job assignments for Life Care! I readily accepted the assignments and found myself enjoying the work, even though I was often a little on the tired side, as most of the work was done in the evenings after Andrew went down for the night. I am now looking forward to the next assignment which will begin this week. I fully recognize that I am not a working mother in the true sense of the words but it feels good to have a little work balance in the mix.

No comments: